Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crochet Lace

I'm visiting my parents in my tiny home town in central Finland. Mum is at work and Dad is having a nap, so I blog.

I've lately been enamoured with crocheted lace. It all started with these two pictures from Kyuuto.

img_5705 

The pillow case and the blanket look so nice. I'm not sure they are actually suitable for sleeping, unless you like having lace marks on your face...

japsi2b1

Gah, I want that bedspread.

Incidentally my parents do have a bedspread very similar to that one. It's crocheted by my mummi (Grandmother) at least twenty years ago. It's lovely and my mother refuses to give it to me. Unfair:) I'll try to get a picture when my camera batteries are back on.

I've always thought crochet lace as old-fashioned and stuffy, but I've changed my mind. It's cute, and cosy and modern.

Anyone know any good free patterns for similar results?

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I just happened to see your post. Try Celt's Vintage Crochet at http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/
    Don't overlook tablecloth patterns either, enjoy the web site!
    P.S. I am pure Finn, born in America. Please post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia! Wow, there are a lot of patterns there! I've only managed to look through a few, but they look really promising! Thank you so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitä täällä tapahtuu? Painelin nappeja.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jee, nappeja on hyvä painella! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog very much~ It's so helpful to me~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...