Sunday, April 13, 2014

Around Here

this week

I’ve felt kind of uninspired to write, but I know I’ll be happy to look back on these, so I’ll try!

1. I bought these awesome planters on sale at Kodin terra. They are quite big and I might end up using them for something else.

2. I’m not quite sure what happened to my foot. It just went crunch and there was a sharp pain and then i couldn’t walk for the night. I guess a blood vessel just burst? It was painful for a week and there’s still a bruise there.

3. We finally bought a TV-stand after living here for nearly two years! I spent several hours putting it together. Luckily, I love puzzles, it was great fun!

4. I’ve made several craft projects, including this container for the remote controls. We lovingly named it “lörpäke”. I’ve tried not to buy any new materials, and this was made using yarn Jake's mother gave me and some left over cotton yarn.

5. We watched through the first season of True Detective and it was sooo good. I also watched through 3 seasons of Veronica Mars, after I found out that it wasn’t sci-fi. Mars, Neptune, it sounds like sci-fi, right? But I love everything with private detectives.

6. I think I shared about this a few weeks back, but here are the cork pot holders, spray painted and mounted on the kitchen wall. I use them to keep coupons and the shopping list and they are working great.

7. I got in my head a while back that salmiakki would be a good sauna fragrance, and then found out it exists! The winning combo turned out to be a mixture of tar and salmiakki, smells just like Terva Leijona. Eucalyptus still rules, but this is a good second.

8. I made a pom pom bouquet! I love it. The colours are so happy and spring-like.

9. I also made these sofa pillows. I bought a pillow case from the flea market for 40 cents, took it a part and cut it into 4 equal pieces. Then I trimmed it with some pom pom trim a bought ages ago for a project I never did. They look so nice. A bit of white makes everything look fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...