Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This Week - On Organizing Kick

This Week

A little different kinds of pictures this week. I’ve been organizing a lot lately. It all started when I found a metallic plate organizer at the flea market for 80 cents (you might be able to see it in the second picture).

1. My kitchen cupboard before organizing, everything was thrown in every which way. It was a pain to try find anything.

2. So different. I moved some rarely used stuff away, like the big thermos. I put the plate organizer on the second self to organize the frying pans. Teflon on top and cast iron below. Kettles are behind them. I put colanders on the top shelf, with some baking stuff behind those. Oven dishes are on the third shelf and all appliances, that we don’t have out, on the bottom shelf.  I also added the hanging basket for lids and a basket on the bottom self for all the small parts. Both I already had, so organizing this cabinet cost pretty much 80 cents. It’s so much nicer to look at and easier to get things.

3. and 4. A new shop called Hong Kong opened here a few weeks back, and they have super cheap containers. The small ones cost only 25 cents! I just love opening my desk drawers now. It’s somehow very calming to have everything on exact places.

5. And lastly, I organized my bookshelf. It used to host a lot of binders and sketch books and random stuff and looked messy and depressing. I was just going to organise this bookshelf, but ended up pulling pretty much everything from our closet/storage room on the floor too. The mess was a bit overwhelming, but I’m glad I did it, because now that it is more or less organized, too. (Though, there still are several boxes I didn’t have energy to look into) I moved everything I don’t use every week to the closet and moved most of my craft supplies here, where they are actually easy to grab. My craft room/office is now much more neater and lighter, with the white baskets and neat lines. The white baskets hold yarns, sorted by type. One basket holds projects I’m currently doing, another one some fabrics etc. Knowing where everything is really makes all the difference.

Sorry, about the pictures being so dark, it’s been unbelievably foggy for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...