It’s been a grey, rainy week, and I’ve been loving it.
1. We bought a Crock Pot! It’s great. I think cooking it’s just another chore, just like vacuuming or dusting, but this thing has made it almost enjoyable. It’s so easy to use. You just put all the ingredients in and 6 hours later you have a meal. And it makes everything so tasty. Healthy, too. I think Jake has eaten this past week more vegetables than during the whole year. I’ll have to look for more recipes.
2. I put a clothes line on the balcony. Such an innovation. But it is working very well to dry bedding. I line dry all our laundry and my drying rack is quite small.
3. I don’t watch much TV. In fact, the only show I regularly watch is Avara luonto, which is a nature documentary every Saturday at 18.45. I love it. I have an alarm set on my phone so I don’t forget.This week’s episode was about white lions. I might have cried a bit. But not as much as during that damn mongoose episode. Don’t die, Ernesto!
4. I made these cushion covers from that thrift store fabric I mentioned last week. Very summery.
5. And this key chain.
6. I felt like baking something tonight. I suggested cookies, but Jake didn’t want any (!) and asked for coffee cake instead. So I made that. Jake is allergic to eggs, so I looked for an eggless recipe. This one had lot’s of spices, cacao and coffee in it, and it’s actually pretty good, but very rich, maybe more of a winter cake. Recipe in Finnish, here.
Oh, and i played through the new Van Helsing game. Not as good as the first one IMO.