Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ballet bar

I think the best bit about owning your house is that if you wish you can put up a ballet bar. Or ask you father to put one up, anyway.

092

Below is what the house looked before we bought it. I knew I wanted to have a ballet bar somewhere, if possible, and the only logical place was in the hallway in front of that oval mirror.

WP_20141118_032

The previous owner left us the mirror. I didn’t really care for it (it had an floral pattern on it, that really isn’t my style, and it’s too small for the space), but we decided to leave it so that we wouldn't have to fill the holes left behind by it and paint the whole wall.

061

I asked my dad if he could put up a bar for me and we went on a hunt for the equipment. It was surprisingly hard to find the bar and the holders. Maybe people don’t usually build their own ballet bars. I know they sell ready made ballet bars, but those things are ridiculously expensive. We did finally manage to hunt some down, and ta-dah!

088

Isn’t it nice? I was so happy. I have to say, dads are the best.

Then, about a month later, I happened to mention about not liking the mirror to Jake's grandparents and they said they had a large mirror they wanted to get rid off. Cue angels singing.

A few days later, they showed up with the mirror, took down the old one and put up the new one.

Doesn’t this look better for the space?

013a

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t think you can really tell from the picture how big the mirror is. It is huge.

012

Jake’s grandparents liked the old mirror, took it with them, and everyone is happy.

1 comment:

  1. i see your blog really interesting thanks for share
    for more you can check my link below . . .

    Ballet barre | Ballet clothing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...