Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Books I Read in February

ilovereading2

Marie Kondo: The life-changing magic of tidying up – I loved this so much I read it twice. I read it, then re-read it straight away. Such a good book if you are interested in de-cluttering your home. I think I’ll write more about this in a separate post, with pictures from my closet etc.

Sarah Wilson: I Quit Sugar – I’m not going to quit sugar, but I do feel better the less sugar I eat. I was a bit disappointed by the text part (rest is recipes) of the book, it was quite short and there wasn’t as much research and information as I had hoped for.

Richard Adams: Watership Down – One of my favourite books of all time. I have listened to this several times, ever since I was a kid and my parents used to play it on long car rides and before bedtime. I love everything about it.

Cheryl Strayed: Wild – This book was intense. I usually read before bed, but I couldn’t read this one, because I just kept reading and wasn’t winding down at all. Good. Intense.

Haruki Murikami: What I talk about when I talk about running – First book I’ve read from Murikami. I hate running, but liked the book nonetheless. It dealt with a lot more than just running. And I did feel the urge to start taking longer walks.

George Orwell: 1984 – Ugh. Why are all the classics so depressing? Is there an upbeat classic? And they are always so well written, you just keep on reading against your will and feel miserable. This is right up there with my arch nemesis One Hundred Years of Solitude as the most depressing books of all time. I felt so bad I couldn’t sleep and had to pull out a children’s book for my next read.

Ritva Toivola: Hunajakarhut, jääkarhut – Some books just make you happy. I really love children’s books, because nothing really bad ever happens. I think some of the best Finnish literature are children’s books (I mean books for about elementary school aged kids, this one has 120 pages, so it’s not a picture book, even though it is illustrated), and Ritva Toivola has several good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...