Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Computer screen for better sleep

I thought I’d share something that has been helping me lately.

I’ve had a bit of trouble falling asleep. I can sometimes toss and turn for hours.

I read that one cause might be that I spent my nights at the computer and apparently that blue screen is really bad for you since it tricks your brain into thinking it’s daytime.

So, I Googled around a bit and came across this free program called f.lux. It’s supposed to give your screen a yellowish tone, which is said to make falling a sleep easier. I decided to give it go.

I love it. I was a bit apprehensive that it would give the screen a sort of pee coloured tint… you know, how lovely. But instead the screen gives out this lovely glow, like the sunset in your room.

It does distort the colours a bit, obviously, but not enough to bother me if I’m just writing or browsing the internet. If I want to edit photos or draw on my tablet, I can just turn it off. Or do those things during the day.

You set your location in to it and it then activates automatically at night as the sun sets.

I’ve only been using it a couple of days, but I think it’s working, and I have been falling a sleep faster.

It might be just an coincidence of course, but I also sort of love that soft glow in the evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...