Thursday, March 19, 2015

DIY tinted moisturizer

This is a long ramble, if you just want the recipe, I bolded it for you (it’s a short one!)

For some reason I find it impossible to find a foundation/concealer/bb-cream/tinted moisturizer/any face make-up that suits my skin. I have tried a lot.

My skin just seems to be impossibly pale and dry to look good in anything available. Add in my allergies and I haven’t worn face make-up in years.

I have a pretty good skin, and being very low maintenance, don’t were make-up most days anyway. But on some days I’d like to be able to. You know, if there’s a wedding, or a job interview, or something else I’d like to look like I made a bit of effort for. And wearing make-up just makes you look more put together, and, most importantly for me, hides how horribly I blush when I’m agitated.

When I was a kid my father used to call me kalkkilaivan kapteeni, “captain of the chalk ship”. And I haven’t gained much more color since. On my ballet class, where there is a mirror covering one hole wall, I’m definitely the palest woman in the class. And this is Finland. Foreign companies add extra lighter shades to the make-up ranges just for the Finnish market. And I still can’t find one that suits me! Also, for some reason a lot of the pale shades tend to be yellow toned, which makes me look ill.

However, I finally found a shade that suits me. It’s pale. It’s slightly pink. It’s perfect.

rosyfair0c_jar_1

Everyday Minerals, Semi Matte Base, Rosy Fair 0C

The trouble is, it’s also a powder foundation.

Did I mention my skin is dry? It’s so dry. My hair never get’s dirty, because I don’t seem to produce oil. I don’t have dry patches on my face, my whole face is a dry patch.

Good news: my skin isn’t oily and I never get pimples. Bad news: put powder on it and I look like I put flour on my face.

But I think I have a solution.

Powder foundation + moisturizer = tinted moisturizer.

!

This is working amazingly. The color is a perfect match for my skin. It’s moisturizing, so you can’t really tell I have make-up on. And it’s so easy. It pretty much just looks like my skin is flawless. Yes, thanks, I’ll take it.

I don’t really have an exact recipe for this. I just sprinkle about a half a tea spoon of the powder foundation on my palm, add about a pea-sized amount of my moisturizer, mix and just slather it on. Easy.

I though this might be helpful if, for some reason, there is someone else out there who can’t find their match in the available foundations. You can switch the measurements around depending on how much coverage you want.

Personally, I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...