Thursday, March 26, 2015

Playing: The Order: 1886

Last weekend while I managed to watch the whole first season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, we also played through The Order: 1886.

And when I say we, I mean Jake played and I watched.

This might seem weird, but I love watching someone play video games. Not fighting games like Guilty Gear (blergh), but games with nice graphics, interesting characters and good plot. It’s like watching a good movie. I have very fond memories from my teenage years of watching my brother play Metal Gear Solid 3, and me keeping a list of the animals you were supposed to hunt. As you can tell, I was so cool.

Anyway I just love weekends when Jake has a good game to play and we sit on the sofa side by side, he playing and I knitting. And pointing out all the things he missed and telling what I think he should do, haha.

Anyway, I really liked this game (as a backseat driver). The graphics were beautiful and indistinguishable from the cut scenes. The story was good, and none of the characters was annoying. Amazing! And I love the Victorian era. And steampunk.

Jake bought it used, because a lot of the reviews said it was too short, and it was. I think it only lasted about 8 hours.

Still, a very good game and I really hope the sequel will be a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...