Monday, August 3, 2015

Sauna clothes line

027

I love sauna. But. It’s basically a whole room you use once or twice a week, and the rest of the time it just sits there, empty.

So, the last time my parents visited my father installed this clothes line.

030

The white contraption on the left houses the bar with the lines on it when it’s not in use, and then when you want to use it you pull it out and attach it to the hooks on the right.

This was not an original idea, a lot of Finnish families do this. We had a clothes line like this in my childhood home. Dryers in Finland, by the way, are quite rare. Everyone line dries their laundry. However Jake is very allergic to outside, I mean pollen, so drying stuff outside is out of the question.

033

Here it is in action. It’s working great and I don’t have to look at laundry hanging in my living room.

3 comments:

  1. Tää on hyvä juttu, saa pyykit kuivaa rauhassa poissa silmistä, ennenkuin tilaa taas tarvitaan! Olipa lentävä lause. Heh1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Riikka! This is a neat idea. I would never thought that a sauna would be a great dryer. Too bad I don't have a sauna. It's also great for when it is raining outside. And you could keep the towels in there for when you use the sauna again.

    Ronni Casillas @ JNH Life Styles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...