Monday, September 14, 2015

End of summer capsule wardrobe

I've always been fascinated with the idea of a capsule wardrobe, but have never quite managed to build one. In fact, for some years it has been one of my new years resolutions… However, I recently realized that I've actually been wearing a sort of capsule wardrobe lately quite accidentally.

Yes, it is very casual, this is just what I have been wearing on my spare time.

2

3 t-shirts, two gray, one black. If it looks like it’s the same shirt in all pictures, that’s because it is. Good t-shirts are surprisingly hard to find so when I did, I bought three.

1

One black sweater, one tribal cardigan, one light weight jacket.

4

Two pairs of skinny jeans, one gray, one black. These look odd in the pictures. I swear I’m not a hobbit.

3

One small suede handbag, one black Fjällräven Kånken backpack.

039

One pair of black Minnetonka moccasins.

033

Foldable Ray-Ban Wayfarers, fitbit, my engagement ring, one pair of bar earrings from Etsy, CK Be perfume.

I also had socks, underwear, 3 bras and sleepwear.

That’s it. I've been enjoying it immensely. It’s taken the guessing out of dressing. (Ha.)
What does the weather look like today? It’s hot. Great! Wear a t-shirt. It’s cool now, but it’ll get warmer later. Alright, add the cardigan. Looks like it’s going to be cool all day. OK, I’ll just wear my only sweater. It’s cold. Wonderful, I’ll don my one jacket.

The same shoes everyday. The same earrings. One pair of sunglasses to choose from. My only perfume. The ring and fitbit never leave me.

I've been using the backpack when I have something bigger to take with me. It’s very good for biking. The handbag when I've needed to take something small that I haven’t been able to stuff into my pockets.

That’s it. And It’s been lovely. I haven’t had to think about getting dressed almost at all, and I've still managed to look decent. Perfect.

I hope I’ll manage to build a capsule for all seasons!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice blog. Thanks for sharing information. Interior Design really converts our dream into a real world. So give best shapes to your dream and choose best design according to your choice.Modular kitchen designs Hyderabad|Wardrobes Hyderabad|Office furniture Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...