Thursday, May 25, 2017

Misdirected Cowl

I've been on a look out for a light weight summer scarf for some time. I'm basically wearing leggings and a long t-shirt most days (aka my momiform) and I was thinking maybe throwing on a scarf would make it seem like I wasn't wearing pajamas all day long? Maybe? But I didn't want anything that would feel suffocating or add any warmth. Also something that I could easily throw on and take off without extensive tying.
Ever since I rediscovered Ravelry I've been scrolling it obsessively and found this knit cowl I really liked. As knitting is my new passion I went for it. The pattern is called misdirected cowl by Liz Abinante.
I really liked the pattern. There was a bit of a learning curve definitely, but once I got the hang of it it was very logical. I learned to do a provisional cast on and then join the two edges seamlessly aka the Kitchener stitch, and it really is like magic.
I chose this beige color because I really like neutrals and I think the pattern brings the scarf enough interest. I used a bamboo yarn that is very breathable and soft. Because it is an infinity scarf it's very easy to use.
I've never been a big accessorizer, but now I feel like, add earrings and a scarf and you are dressed. If I'm delusional, please don't tell me! 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...