Saturday, January 11, 2014

Crochet “Camera” Phone Case

crochet phone case

I was actually going to buy a case for my phone until I came across this very cute Etsy shop called Meemanan which had purses that look like cameras. I though it was such a cool idea and just had to make something similar.

crochet phone case

What I did was basically stare at the pictures of the purses, until I had an idea of what to do. I really liked how a few elements, the change of colour, adding a flash and a lens (with light reflecting of it! Isn’t that the best bit?), could transform a basic rectangular into something that looks like a camera.

crochet phone case

I have been crocheting for awhile now, but have mainly been concentrating on amigurumis, meaning I’ve mainly done sc’s and nothing else. However, I really liked those stitches that looked like knitting, so I decided to give it a go. I found a very good tutorial from JennOzkan.com. I really like how it looks, and as a bonus it’s very easy to do. I always love it when something simple gives a big impact!

crochet phone case

I think something like this, stuffed and with the top sewn shut, would make a cute toy camera for a child.

crochet phone case

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. how did you get the rows so close together on the ribbing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I don't really know :D I just followed the instructions I linked and this happened. I guess, it might be because I use quite a small hook, always a few sizes below the recommended, because I crochet pretty loosely. Sorry I can't help you more.

      Delete
  2. Hi!!! You design is really wonderful!!!
    i was wondering how did you make the "button" in the center

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you! It's just worked on a round. The black part is the same as in most amigurumi for example here http://imaginarywardrobe.blogspot.fi/2008/09/amigurumi-sun.html just follow the instructions for rows 1-6. For the white rim I crocheted the first row only on the front loops, and then just crocheted around without any increases for 3 rows. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  3. I love this! Would you ever consider posting a pattern? My sister really wants me to make her one but I don't think I could accomplish this with out a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you happened to make a pattern yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is very cute. Love the "light bit" too. Good job. Might make one myself, if you don't mind me borrowing your pattern. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...