Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Book Weight

This is more of a practical than a pretty project.

I read a lot of books, and while reading I usually like to do something else also, mostly crochet. This is especially true if I'm reading for an exam or something else equally boring... Because of this, this book weight is one of the most useful things I have made; it keeps the book open and leaves my hands free.

It is sewn from the same golden linen fabric as the earring holder from yesterday. I made the ends a little wider and the middle little narrower to distribute the weight were it is needed. I stuffed it with some ornamental sand that was on sale (it was bright yellow!), to make it heavy enough.

Now if I actually had time to read something for more than a few minutes at the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...